SAN JOSE DEL MONTE, Bulacan — President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday, July 4, visited the wake of the victims of the gruesome massacre in Bulacan assuring that justice will be served and those responsible will be held liable.
Before attending the Philippine Air Force anniversary celebration in Pampanga, President Duterte paid a brief visit to North Ridge Royale Subdivision in Brgy. Sto. Cristo, here, to personally expressed condolences to Dexter Carlos Sr., a security guard whose five members of his family were stabbed to death inside their home last week.
“Our number one duty is really to protect and defend the Filipino people. One death, two deaths – malaking impact na sa amin, kagaya nito itong apat, I mean lima. Kaya ako pumunta dito. There will be justice,” Duterte said in a media interview.
The Chief Executive gave a total cash assistance of 275,000 to Carlos.
Duterte also gave Carlos a cellphone telling him to call should he need any assistance.
“I told him that, ‘If there’s anything that you would need and if you think that I can help, call me,” he said.
The National Housing Authority has also offered a housing unit for the bereaved family, according to the President.
Duterte reiterated his pledge to protect the Filipinos against criminals.
“Ako, basta may trabaho ako. And my job is to see to it — I will repeat — to preserve and defend the Filipino nation. That’s about it,” he said.
The Chief Executive was accompanied by Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence “Bong”Go, Philippine National Police Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa, and San Jose del Monte Mayor Arthur Robes during the wake visit.
On June 27, Carlos found his wife, his three children and his mother-in-law dead inside their home. ###PND