News Release

Gov’t officials, personnel warned anew on corruption

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte presides over a meeting with the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) core members prior to his talk to the people at the Malacañang Golf (Malago) Clubhouse in Malacañang Park, Manila on March 24, 2021. KING RODRIGUEZ/ PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte has made renewed warning Wednesday to government officials and personnel saying he is serious in ridding the government of graft and corruption.

“If you are not yet convinced that I’m dead serious, then that would be your undoing,” President Duterte said in televised public address, as he disclosed the names of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) and National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) personnel who were dismissed from service.

Those removed from service were PDEA Intelligence Officers Angelito Aragona, Allan Alfred Wee Sit, and Marvin Pabalate. They were dismissed for grave misconduct and after testing positive for drug use.

Also dismissed were Henry Saclao, Security Guard II, and Cirilio Dangay, Accounting Clerk II in the NAPOLCOM. They were charged with grave misconduct for demanding and receiving money from police recruits in exchange for facilitating their passing.

The chief executive then warned aspiring police applicants not to transact with unscrupulous individuals, and instead call his attention through a government hotline.

“Also, iyong gustong magpulis, huwag kayong magbigay. Sabi ko sa inyo kung may maghingi para pasa — ipapasa kayo o pahirapan kayo, 8888, sabihin mo kung sino ‘yong tao,” said the President.

President Duterte, who vowed to tackle graft and corruption in the remaining days of his administration, has said previously that corrupt individuals have no place in government service. PND