Press Release

Palace reminds public on Undas guidelines, protocols


In keeping with the Filipino tradition to visit the graves of their dearly departed loved ones during the Undas season, Presidential Spokesperson Secretary Harry Roque Jr. reminded the public of the protocols and guidelines to be followed, which were the same as the ones adopted last year.

“Lahat ng pribado at pampublikong sementeryo, memorial parks at columbariums ay isasara sa mga bisita mula Biyernes, October 29 hanggang a-dos ng Nobyembre,” said Secretary Roque in a press briefing on October 25, 2021.

This is provided that the Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine shall continue to be followed in burial and creation activities in the said period.

“Ang bilang ng mga mga bisita ay limitado sa maximum of 30 percent ng venue capacity. Kailangan magsuot ng face mask at face shield at mag-observe ng social distancing,” Sec Roque said.

Roque added that in visiting cemeteries and memorial parks, age restrictions will not apply.

In the same press briefing, Department of Education (DepEd) Secretary Leonor Briones, provided updates on the implementation of limited face-to-face classes in basic education. Secretary Briones said that as of October 25, 2021, there are now 90 schools that were identified for inclusion in the pilot implementation.

Aside from the 90 schools that were already identified, Sec. Briones said some 20 private schools are up for assessment, while private international schools are also to be assessed separately.

Sec. Briones underscored that there are conditions to the conduct of the pilot face-to-face classes, first among which is the agreement of local government units (LGU) on the conduct of the pilot face-to-face classes in their areas. Briones also stressed that DepEd facilities should be appropriate and ready for the pilot, and that a written consent from parents is required signifying their agreement to allow their children to participate in the pilot.

The DepEd chief added that the pilot face-to-face will be different from the regular classes conducted five days a week, as the pilot implementation will only be done on specified hours in specified places. Briones said that there will also be an orientation with the parents of the learners, LGU representatives, and school personnel prior to the pilot.

Briones emphasized that the pilot implementation is not mandatory and parents have the right to back out if they want to. The Education Secretary stressed though that all necessary precautions related to the pilot have been undertaken and that the DepEd has reviewed and assessed their facilities and ensured that there is enough space, there is water, medicine, personal protective equipment, among others.

On vaccination updates, Sec. Roque said there are now more than 55 million (55, 715, 693) total vaccines administered nationwide, as of October 24 data from the National COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard. Of this number, 33.33 percent or 25, 711, 980 individuals are fully vaccinated all over the Philippines.

In the National Capital Region alone, 17, 621, 460 total doses have been administered. Of this number, 95.02 percent or 9, 289, 795 have received a first dose, while 8, 331, 665 or 85.22 percent are fully vaccinated, said Roque. ### OPS